If you are under 18 years of age you are required to have an adult legal guardian present in the lobby for the duration of your surgery.
Avoid taking aspirin and products that contain aspirin for one week before surgery (unless advised by the surgeon).
- Steps to prevent infections the prior to the surgery:
- Bathe prior to surgery with particular attention to head and face.
- Brush your teeth, floss and use a mouth wash.
- If you have a beard or mustache take extra time to shampoo and clean these areas.
- Long mustaches need to be trimmed off the upper lip.
- Long hair must be pulled back away from the face.
- Do not wear make-up or earrings.
If you are having intravenous sedation(IV) you cannot have anything to eat or drink (this includes all food and any form of beverage including water) for a minimum of 8 hours prior to surgery. Non-compliance could lead to cancellation of your surgery.
- If you are having intravenous sedation it is required to have an adult to drive you home at the end of the appointment. If you ride will not be present during your appointment you will be required to sign the “Absent Ride” form. If your ride is not present in the lobby when your surgery is finished you will be subject to an additional fee.
- Our office cannot release an sedated (impaired) patient to any ride share companies such as uber, lyft, yellow cab or any other form of ride share companies without prior approval and a signed waiver. We highly encourage you to have a friends, family member or coworker be your escort.
- Do not take any medications unless instructed otherwise.
- Wear loose comfortable clothing, short-sleeved shirt for accessibility to upper arms and flat closed toe shoes (please no flip flops or heels).
- Remove all colored nail polish from your index finger nails; colored nail polish will cause the oxygen monitor to be less accurate.
- DO NOT use Marijuana THC products 7 days prior to having IV Sedation as the medication will not be effective and can lead to medical complications. Also there is an increased risk for post op complications including, but not limited to, nausea, vomiting, excessive bleeding, etc.
If you are having Nitrous you we request you do not have anything to eat or drink (this includes all food and any form of beverage including water) for a minimum of 4 hours prior to surgery.
- You are not required to have a ride home from your surgery after administration of nitrous.
If you are having local anesthetic you do not need to fast for your appointment and you are not required to have a ride home from your surgery.
Photos and video are not permitted inside the facility.